To me, springtime brings to mind blooming flowers, ice cream trucks, and of course – cute fashion. This spring, the major trends I’ve been seeing have been off the shoulder, mirrored aviators, lace-up flats, espadrilles, chambray denim, gingham, ruffles, scallops, the list could go on. I’ve also been seeing the same colors pop up on Instagram: white, navy, blue, and blush pink.
To prepare my closet, I love to make Polyvore sets to give me inspiration. They only take two minutes to add your favorite items to a set. Polyvore is like Pinterest, but everything makes sense together on the board. Today, I’m going to share some of my favorite sets that represent my spring style. Enjoy!
1. Chicnova Fashion Box Clutch // I can’t believe the intricate bag is only $23! It would look great with an LBD for a night time party.
2. Zara Top with Peter Pan Collar // I love shopping at Zara during the springtime because that store encapsulates my style: preppy and chic. This collared top would be so cute with white cropped pants and some cute sandals.
3. Rebecca Taylor Off Shoulder Gauze Dress // Anything off the shoulder reminds me of something to wear to a tropical vacation, in Bali or Santorini or something. Super loose and flowy, it’s also a great swimsuit coverup.
4. Red Valentino ‘Eyes’ flared dress // I am absolutely obsessed with Red Valentino’s whole collection. But this fit-an-flare cap sleeve dress is so cute!
5. Kate Spade New York Initial Clutch // How cute is this purse? It’s the perfect addition for any black-tie or formal event, instantly dressing up any look.
6. FRENDS Layla leather and rose gold-tone headphones // These headphones have been all the rage because they are perfect for a feminine woman who still loves to listen to music Compared to those bulky BEATS headphones, these are way more delicate and girly.
7. Chicwish Elate Pink Dress with Bow Decor // This dress reminds my of Kate Spade: the girly color and bow, but it’s a fraction of the price!
8. Tory Burch Caroline Ballet Flats // These are a classic staple shoe for any girly girl. While black flats are great, nude flats can lengthen the leg.
9. Steve Madden ‘Sunshine’ Lace-Up Flat // Lace-up flats have suddenly been really popular since the beginning of 2016. It’s definitely an interesting twist on the typical ballet flat. I especially love these ones because of the short gold heel. Just like my Ivanka Trump E Day Chelsea Boot (from the winter time), the gold heel just dresses up any look.
City Chic meets Preppy
- AVIATOR FLASH LENSES POLARIZED BLUE FLASH // Just recently, I purchased a pair of these, and I’m in love. They’re super chic and mirrored lenses are extremely popular in NYC. An additional benefit is that mirrored lenses block out your eyes, so if you’re having a rough day (we’ve all been there), just slip these babies over your face and your good to go!
- White House Black Market Saint Honore Distressed // A huge trend has been distressed boyfriend jeans. However, these jeans offer a classic rise and distressed touches for a more fitted ‘girlfriend’ look.
- Thomas Mason For J.Crew Mandarin-Collar Tuxedo Shirt // Not your average white button down, the tuxedo style and mandarin collar are a nice twist on a classic white blouse.
- Chloé Drew small leather and suede cross-body bag // I love how girly and simple Chloe bags are – for everyday use AND fancier events. This mixed media bag features both soft suede and a contrasting leather front flap. The gold-tone hardware and long chain strap finish off this cute purse.
- Tory Burch ‘Miller’ Flip Flop // I swear I mention these shoes in almost every blog post. But they’re are so timeless, I could pair them with any outfit. I’ve seen 15- year old girls and 60-year old women wear them; they’re another great staple piece that will never go out of style.
- Aquazzura Aquazurra x Poppy Delevingne Midnight Flat Espadrilles // Love the sun and moon embellishments!
- Soludos Lace and canvas wedge espadrille sandals
- Suede Espadrilles
- Soludos Classic Canvas Stripe Espadrille Sandal
- Aquazzura Belgravia Denim Espadrille // If you’re looking for a high-end designer summer shoe, these are perfect. I love the denim material!
- Soludos Platform Gladiator Sandals // I love how Solids mixed both leather and the classic espadrille material.
RED Valentino Dresses
- RED Valentino Peter Pan Collar Heart-Print Dress
- REDVALENTINO Embroidered cotton-poplin mini dress
- REDValentino Women’s Lace Scalloped Dress – Nude
- REDValentino Embroidered cotton-poplin top
- Smocked Bodice Lace Dress
- REDValentino Two-tone cady mini dress
RED (Romantic Eccentric Dress) is another line of Valentino, mainly focusing on contemporary party dresses. Even though the prices make my wallet cry, I love window shopping these girly dresses.
Well, that’s it folks! Hope you enjoyed what I’ve been eyeing this spring and noticed a couple of trends.
Sheryl C. ❤