Now that it is officially 2016, I would like to dedicate this post to all of the wonderful opportunities, events, and experiences that occurred last year. Despite the positive outcomes as well as personal hardships, 2015 literally flew by and I’m excited for the new year!
In no particular order, besides the first:
- Most importantly, I started THIS lifestyle/fashion blog on exactly March 2, 2015! Creating my own platform has allowed me to create relationships with other AMAZING fashion PR bloggers (like you reading this), inspire readers with outfit and lifestyle posts, and learn about new, trendy brands of the fashion industry.
- In one of my blog posts, I mentioned how I wanted to explore and spend more time in Manhattan, since I live very close (in Brooklyn). Luckily, I did just that in the summer. I toured Columbia University, Barnard College, CUNY and NYU, some of my potential colleges. I also saw multiple shows: Sam Eaton’s The Quantum Eye, Matilda, The Lion King, and the Blue Man Group. Now, I am very familiar with the city from Battery Park to SoHo to Midtown to the Upper East Side.
- I’ve completed over 100 hours of community service. Serving my duty as a rightful citizen is very near and dear to my heart. I’m Vice President of my school’s Key Club, and my hours have piled up from volunteering with soup kitchens, health walks, and other non-profit organizations. I love giving back to the community and hope to later inspire others to do so as well.
- I was reached out by TRIANGL swimwear to receive one of their amazing neoprene bikinis to try.
- I became a Mirina Girls Brand Ambassador! They have an amazing jewelry line that is to die for.
- On December 15, 2015, I turned the sweet 16! Although I can’t drive in NYC until 17, it was fun to celebrate my birthday in the city with my friends.
- In September, I became a virtual high school intern with Her Campus Media! There, I write journalistic pieces that range in subject from editing, marketing, publicity, etc and communicate and connect with other bloggers.
Check out their website at: http://www.hercampus.com
8. As you know, I am an avid traveler (visited over 20 countries), so I was elated to travel to China for the Lunar New Year during spring break and northern Europe with my family this past summer. In China, I got to visit so many distant relatives and absorb myself in Chinese culture. In a short span of two weeks, we traveled to Great Britain, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, and Sweden by plane, cruise ship, and many trains. I loved changing so many time zones and experiencing different cultures, food, architecture, and fashion. If you want to see photos, check out my Instagram @style.stargirl
9. Going along with that, I had my FIRST beer in Berlin (at age 15). It wasn’t that great though
- In March, I met Tavi Gevinson, who inspired me to start this blog. She started a successful fashion blog, and then moved onto feminist movements in her online magazine, Rookie Magazine. At age 19, she was featured in Teen Vogue for her growing teen fan base and influence.
11. Lastly, I’ve changed my style quite a bit. If you scroll down my Instagram, you could see that I used to wear a lot brighter preppy clothing that resembled a non-designer version of Blair Waldorf. After learning what colors best suit my skin tone and hair color, I toned down my color palette. Now, I would describe my style as “city chic”, preppy, and classic. I frequently wear grays, whites, cream, and jewel-toned colors (magenta, pink, green, navy), and shop at Zara, Urban Outfitters, J.Crew, Gap, Sheinside, and Forever 21.
I want to give a BIG thank you to everyone who has been riding along on my blogging journey. Thank you for reading, liking, and engaging in my blog posts. I wish you all a year full of love, health, and happiness!
Sheryl C. ❤